Ever wondered how celebrities get their thick bouncy hair? Well it's most likely down to hair extensions, whether it's just for a special appearance or an everyday basis. You also don't have worry about splurging on extensions from salons as you can find some of the best human hair extensions online for a fraction of the price, and not only can you get straight hair extensions but also curly hair weaves in a whole range of colours, so you're bound to find the perfect match for your hair. Taking good care of your extensions is the key to keeping your extensions looking luxurious for longer and getting the most out of your money.
Here are a few dos and don'ts when it comes to hair extensions:
- Wrap your hair together or tie it up when sleeping to prevent tangling
- Wash your hair in downwards motions to reduce tangling
- Use a leave in conditioner at the ends of the extensions to keep the hair nourished and silky
- Always place your hand on your head while brushing your hair to prevent pulling
- When brushing your hair start from the ends and work your way up
- Always brush your hair to remove tangles before washing it
- Buy a detangling brush, such as Tangle Teezer, as it prevents tugging on your hair and removes tangles with ease
- Never go to bed with wet hair when wearing your extensions as it can cause the hair to become tangled.
- Don't condition the scalp with a heavy conditioner as extensions become greasy easier than your natural hair
- Never blow dry extensions
- Don't overload your extensions with products as it will damaged the hair overtime and weigh it down
- Don't used too much heat on human hair extensions - just like normal hair, it can develop split ends
- Never wash your hair upside down or use circular motions on the scalp while using shampoo on the hair
Have you ever worn hair extensions for a special event or wear them everyday?