Thursday 23 May 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Review and Swatches

I've been a fan of the original Urban Decay Naked palette so when I heard that they had a Naked Basics palette I just knew I had to get it. 


The palette is much smaller than I imagined however the eyeshadows are the exact same size as the original Naked and Naked 2 palette (1.3g). I find that it is quite hard to open and that I need to use my nail which I am always worried about chipping my nail polish, but thankfully it is always fine.


I love using Venus in the inner corner and as a highlighter on the brow bone and tear duct, Foxy and Walk of Shame all over the lid, Naked 2 and Faint in the crease and Crave as a liner or in the outer corner for a more smokey look. Recently I have been obsessed with using Naked 2 in the crease because it is so natural and looks perfect with any look.


The eyeshadows are very smooth and almost creamy which is to be expected from Urban Decay and they also apply really well onto the lids with a good longevity. I must admit that I do still prefer my Naked palette because of the wide range of colours and finishes but also the eyeshadows compliment my skin tone more. 

From left to right: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave

Venus - soft off-white demi-matte
Foxy - cream bisque matte
Walk of Shame - very light nude matte
Naked 2 - taupe matte
Faint - warm dusty brown matte
Crave - darkest brown/black matte

Have you got the Naked Basics palette, or want to get it? Are you more of a matte or shimmer girl?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...