Monday 13 May 2013

Glossybox May 2013

This month is a special month as it is the 2nd anniversary of Glossybox! I can't believe it has been two years since they first launched - time flies by!


I was actually expecting a little bit more seen as though it is their 2nd anniversary however I have enjoyed trying these products.


Headline Colors Nail Polish - £9 for 10ml

I received this Headline Colors nail polish which is actually a colour from their autumn/winter collection. I don't tend to wear dark colours like this, but it looks perfect for when autumn comes around. I'm hoping that it won't appear almost black as some dark polishes I have tend to do. These nail polishes claim to be ultra-high pigmented for an intense colour and has UV absorbers for staying power. It also is free from toxins which is really appealing as I have never heard of a toxin-free nail polish before.

 Awapugi Wild Ginger Shine Spray - £18.95 for 125ml

This product is part of the Paul Mitchell line and is used to add moisture and shine to the hair. I love the smell of this and I really enjoy using it. It makes my hair feel softer and really easy to glide my fingers through. I didn't notice a huge difference in the amount of shine it gave my hair, but it does give a nice subtle hint of shine.

 Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara - £15 for 8ml

I'm pretty excited to try this out as it is a long-lasting waterproof mascara that is feather light. I'm intrigued to see how light it feels on the lashes because I find that waterproof mascaras tend to be heavier and make the lashes feel hard. It claims to be non-clumpy but at the same time, lengthening and volumising - sounds perfect doesn't it?

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner - £2.99 for 6ml

This eyeliner has a waterproof formula, which I have actually wanted to get a waterproof eyeliner but never knew of any decent ones. For liquid eyeliners, I love the kind of dip in packaging as it doesn't dry out like felt tips. I was actually disappointed this how it applied because the foam tip is really hard so it's difficult to control and it leaves a jaggered edge rather than a smooth line. When you curl the lashes and apply mascara, it masks the jaggered effect but I want to be able to apply eyeliner in a few clean swipes and with a smooth edge. I definitely will be using it again and trying to figure out different techniques to see if I can manage to make a smooth edge but I also really love the longevity of it. Also for a waterproof product, it is really easy to take off - a facial wipe is enough to take it off, so there's no need to use eye makeup remover. It's really good because you don't have to tug on your delicate eyes!

Beautiful Movements Prime and Create Mixing Medium - £20 for 20g

Beauty Moments, formerly known as BM Beauty have launched a new multi-tasking product which is a primer as well as a mixing medium. It apparently is a clear aloe vera based gel, however it feels very silicony. A little bit goes a long way this with product and it makes my skin feel super soft. I used it under my Revlon Colorstay foundation and it stayed in place pretty well. I will also be trying this out with loose eyeshadows and seeing how it performs.


I received this small dark chocolate which I assume is for the celebration of Glossybox's 2nd anniversary. I actually don't like dark chocolate but I think it is a really sweet gift!


As a little something extra, Glossybox have included a little box set of five mini nail files which are absolutely adorable and will definitely come in handy as I am always misplacing my nail files!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...