Friday 12 April 2013

London Haul - Part one (Beauty)

A couple of weeks ago I went to London with my bestfriend and I thought I'd share what I got with you. I've split this haul into two parts otherwise it would have been really long. Our trip to London was strictly for shopping so there won't be any photos of Big Ben or The London Eye. The first day we spent the whole day at Westfield Stratford which was amazing and had tonnes of shops like Forever 21, Victoria's Secret and Gilly Hicks which we can't get where I live. For the second day we went to Sloane Street and Oxford Street and found lots of goodies! You can check out part two here which is the fashion half!



I picked up the Clarisonic Mia 2 which was at the very top of my wishlist for London! I actually was unaware that the Mia 2 had been released in the UK so was extremely excited to find that they had it in Selfridges. The Mia 2 comes with a travel protective case and has two speed settings which the original Mia doesn't come with. I've used my Clarisonic twice a day since I got it and I am really loving it - it takes off all my makeup really effectively! I will post an in-depth review of the Clarisonic Mia 2 once I have played around with it a bit more so be on the lookout for that!


I had heard so many people rave about the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and I just had to get it when I was in London! I bought it from SpaceNK along Sloane Street in Duke of York Square. I was matched SX05 which blends in perfectly with my foundation. This little 18g pot cost £36 which is pricey for just a concealer however you only need the tiniest dab because it is super pigmented so it'll last you pretty much forever! It can also be used as a foundation or a tinted moisturiser but I think as a foundation it would be a bit too thick unless it's sheered out. I'll definitely try using it as a tinted moisturiser in the summer!


I just had to pick up Nars Orgasm which is a peachy pink with gold shimmer and looks great on all skin tones. It applies softly and doesn't come off too intense so gives a natural healthy colour to the cheeks. I definitely recommend Orgasm if you love pinky coral blushes!


Nars Laguna is the perfect bronzer because it isn't orange at all! I find a lot of bronzers look orange and quite muddy on my light skin however Laguna looks so natural and adds warmth to my skin. 


Nars Turkish Delight was more of an impulse purchase as it was the only unplanned Nars product I got. I don't usually go for light pink colours for my lips as they don't usually suit me and tend to wash me out however it looks amazing when I sheer it out a bit. It gives a really intense shine and has a creamy formula enriched with Vitamin E. Like all Nars lipglosses it has a doe foot applicator which can be a hit or miss for some people, but personally I don't mind.


I've heard that the Nars Eyeshadow Base is really good for people who get oily eyelids and I had to buy it because my eyeshadow is always creasing. I've tried Urban Decay Primer Potion and Mac Painterly Paint Pot and they don't do anything for my eyes but the Nars Eyeshadow Base is a miracle worker and my eyeshadow lasts all day now without creasing!

From left to right: Love Spell, Sensual Blush, Pure Seduction, Aqua Kiss

I went to Victoria's Secret and just had to pick up their body sprays! They all smell incredible and are perfect for freshening up. There was a huge selection and you will honestly love every single scent - there was not one that I disliked! The only thing is that they don't last as long as perfumes but for the price and the amount you get I think they're worth it.

From left to right: Dragon Fruit, Pomegranate, Green Berry

While in the Oxford Street Topshop I picked up three Barry M Gelly nail polishes in the shades Dragon Fruit, Pomegranate and Green Berry. I've tried out all three of these and Pomegranate looks almost fully opaque with one coat and Dragon Fruit and Green Berry need two or three coats to be opaque. I find that these are harder to work with and can sometimes feel gloopy like an old nail polish if you don't do it fast enough. I'll definitely be sticking to the normal polishes.

Nars Samples

Along with my Nars purchases I received two samples of Nars Sheer Glow and the Tinted Moisturiser which I have yet still to try out. I'm excited to try Sheer Glow however I've heard that it is far from sheer and glowy and that it is actually matte and has medium coverage which is sounds perfect for me! But I'll have to try it out and see.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...